Insurance for the Mining Industry
With some of the most knowledgeable specialists in the mining business, Lockton is dedicated to providing the highest level of expertise and service in an increasingly complex mining industry.
You will benefit from the strong relationships we have developed with the world’s most reputable insurers in the mining industry. This is particularly important given the limited insurance market for mining companies. In addition, our in-house loss control, surety and claim specialist teams provide all the resources you need on a global scale for your mining company.
You will benefit from our expertise in mining insurance coverage including:
- Property (both above and below ground)
- Workers Compensation
- General Liability Umbrella
- Business Interruption and Contingent Business Interruption Analysis
- Claims Consulting
- Consultative Risk Control & Management
- International Program design and management
- Agents errors and omissions
- Class action suits involving shareholders (Directors’ & Officers’ Liability)
- Employee dishonesty issues/agents coverage
- Employment practices claims
- Compliance and issues
- Loss Control
- Inland Marine & Cargo
- Collateral Analysis
- Premium Financing
You benefit from the following in-house mining risk management capabilities:
- Unique understanding of the technical aspects of metal/mineral mining from exploration and mining of ore (both above and below ground) through crushing, concentrating and smelting
- Coordinated team approach to world mining insurance markets – Lockton St. Louis, London, Bermuda and local world market broker partners
- Mining exposure specific policy wording
- Unique engineering approach to underground exposures
- Mining specialist located in London
- Arranged client presentations with carriers around the world as needed
- Market specific coaching on client presentations
Service starts with listening. We take the time to understand your specific goals, design a program that fits your needs, aggressively negotiate coverage, and implement a service plan. You will have the same dedicated service team throughout the entire process which allows us to anticipate your needs and create accountability.
It’s all about you. As a private, family-owned company, all our Associates focus solely on you, our client, rather than public shareholders.
Long-term thinking. Clients stay with us based on our expertise, creative solutions, seamless global resources and outstanding service. Our client retention rate of 95 percent reiterates our commitment to each and every client.